PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2016, 23:17
PPRuNeUser0176

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
However, we’d noticed that BA’s WT+ service is now also going downhill and upon checking their website, saw their fares were moving in the opposite direction. So come the time to plan next month’s trip, and partly as a result of me lurking on this thread(!), I looked at EI’s website and was very happily surprised - the EI full Business Class fare to MCO was significantly less than BA’s WT+ to MIA. That, plus a lie-flat seat, an enhanced cabin service and the great advantage of pre-clearance into the USA. The hike at MIA from the aircraft is bad enough, but followed by the lengthy queue at US Immigration and then its twin at US Customs - not what you need after a 9hr transatlantic flight. Also, I haven’t yet told Mrs Seafire we’ll now each get 3x 23k bags (2x 23k on BA); that’s going to cost me in shopping terms before our trip back home!

So now we’re booked to fly EI’s J class GLA/DUB/MCO next month. Mrs has the aisle seats but of course, I’ve bagged the windows - we’re both looking forward to it. Sssh, don’t tell Mister Walsh, probably better if IAG don’t know their airlines are competing with each other from the UK to Florida. Anyway, this thread’s a good read and useful too - thank you!
You will always get excellent J fares to MCO as they are priced more less the same as JFK/BOS despite the longer distance.

MIA also going to be an option next summer.