PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates (EK) Interview - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 7th Aug 2016, 19:14
AfricanSkies
THUNDERTAILED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys. I'm looking for info specifically on the PSP.

Before I ask though - I'm aware the EK guys fly hard - but then again don't expect that the rest of us don't either. Productivity squeeze is a reality all over the world. Its not a bed of roses doing 75-85 (sometimes 90-something) hrs short haul a month with 55 odd turnarounds of 30 minutes each, 10 hour days with no break, to the same 5 destinations, 5 or 6 nightstops a month, some of which are minimum rest - and I mean 9 hrs from sign off (30 min after chocks on, not when you get your room key) to sign on - on older mixed equipment, with aircraft changes - sometimes twice in one day, hanging round in lounges etc etc for a third of the pay which you're getting in your pocket in Dubai.
That's why some of us are considering changing and coming to Emirates - so before you flame us, take a step back and consider (A) where we're coming from and (B) what you've got

So having established that I'm not looking for diatribes about how bad it is at Ek... I'm looking for info on the PSP please.

Phase 1 has been described as Advanced Compass Testing and SIM - would anybody be able to expand on that? I understand there's Abstract Reasoning, but are there any mathematical modules with things like Train A leaves at 10:00 and Train B leaves at 12:00 etc? The rest of the Compass Testing - are the recall of the ATC clearances (HDG ALT SPD) and the rudder pedals and the joystick still part of it?

What is the sim profile like? Specifically the part where they look for 'leadership' - that sounds like you're going to be given something to solve, perhaps enter the hold etc?

Lstly, if one gets through the Stage 1 PSP, what does the Stage 2 entail in DXB?

Thanks, and good luck to those aspiring to join EK