PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular V Integrated (Merged) - Look here before starting a new thread!
Old 7th Aug 2016, 17:47
ArchySmi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Academy or Global Aviation S.A?

Hello!

I have been looking through the posts and I didn`t find any comparisons of schools. Maybe there is a reason for that.
But my question is which of these two schools is the best to get your training?
I know that I should just got into a plane and visit both of these schools and compare them by my self. And I`m going to do that. But anyway, I would appreciate your opinion that you could share about these schools in comparison.

I`m considering several programs:

Flying Academy:
0-ATPL
0-ATPL with US experience

Global Aviation S.A.
ATPL Integrated or
PPL + CPL Modular

1) I understand that it`s quite difficult to compare different programs in different schools. I have read some information about Flying academy on this forum and I didn`t find criminal issues. I mean, if there were problems, they were well dealt with, or there was always a reasonable explanation or even acceptance of claim from Flying academy side.

2) I also found out from this forum that Integrated courses are waste of money, but at Global Aviation S.A. it`s not so expensive as it is in CTC. For me is very important to save time and get really good skills (But I`m not saying that money are not important).

3) I was looking through Flying academy 0-ATPL with US experience and there is point that first flights will take place in US, that also frightens me a little bit. I have spoken to one pilot (he started his path in US) and he told me that European studying differs from US (I mean style and attitude). He explained me that in Europe everything seems more serious than in US. And here is the point, maybe it`s better to start with more struggles from the beginning to avoid adaptation to European style?!

4) And the last one thing. In general.. After finishing schools like Flying academy and Global Aviation S.A. will it be the same possibility to find a good job as after finishing CTC? I mean, is it very important which school you have finished or here is more important the skills you got after graduation?

Maybe I have missed some points that should be taken into account before making a decision. I will appreciate if You could add it by your-self.