PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates B777 gear collapse @ DXB?
View Single Post
Old 7th Aug 2016, 09:16
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I apologise if this has been mentioned earlier, but it might be hidden in 28 pages.
There was speculation about a late ATC call for GA; there was speculation about a GA after a bounced landing; there was speculation about a late WS induced GA. Has the real reason for what appears to be an attempted GA been established?
Much of the debate seems to be about why/what went wrong during such an attempt.
Assuming the eventual report is factual then we will learn the sequence of events and the reasons for the crash. Until then all the postings here, the majority of them complete nonsense, are utterly pointless.

Quite why so many people wish to contribute their pet theory, often identical to an earlier poster's theory, is beyond me.

I currently teach both B777 and B787 conversion courses. I have a thorough knowledge of how the aircraft behave and have observed many interesting pilot actions in given situations but what purpose would it serve for me to try and guess what happened?

The moderators are doing a good job removing the majority of the more outlandish and pointless rubbish.