PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will the real EZ999 please step forward ?
Old 6th Aug 2016, 23:52
Danny42C

CMA admin (your #63),

Welcome aboard ! - you will find that all the action on your (and other) Vultee Vengeances is on "Gaining a RAF Pilot's Brevet in WWII" Thread on this Forum.

Tried PPRune "Search this Thread", but it only turned up my page p.136 #2702 (to get to p.136 easily (to date there are 455 Pages), look for the Page Number bar, right at the end is a little inverted triangle, click that and you get "Go to Page" box).

The Vengeance EZ999 identity problem is long since solved to our satisfaction: we traced the chap who rebuilt it, it is a pukka Mk.I - but the Museum, for some reason, then fitted it out as a Mk.IV with a single 0.50 Browning (with matching canopy) in the rear (which is the hallmark of the Mk.IV). All sorted out now. It is a Mk I, the EZ999 is genuine, it is just masquerading as a Mk.IV.

Come in on "Pilot's Brevet", the water's fine, the best Thread on PPrune Forums IMHO, and we'll answer any questions you like. At the moment "Fly Past" magazine (September number) is being dissected for a Vengeance article on it.

Danny42C,

Last edited by Danny42C; 6th Aug 2016 at 23:54. Reason: How did that Smilie get in ? Away with it !