PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cold War Jets Open Day Bruntingthorpe Sun 28th August 2016
Old 6th Aug 2016, 23:18
exmanman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cold War Jets Open Day Bruntingthorpe Sun 28th August 2016

I attended the open day last May and thoroughly enjoyed it. I admire the volunteers who make it possible to see, hear and feel these wonderful British and other aircraft live and breathe again. I'd previously turned up on the off-chance when I was working in Northamptonshire once and Dave T and his brother kindly made it possible for me to visit the site without a great deal of fuss which is rare nowadays. If you haven't been I would highly recommend attending the next open day on the 28th of August. It has the feel of Airshows before they became too commercial and corporate, and although being primarily fast taxy, usually has some airborne displays as well.

Anyway I have a question for anyone from Brunty who is in the know please.

I was extremely jealous of the people deserving enough to pilot the fast taxys and wondered what the CAA rules are on who is allowed to do it? I know the Lightning pilot is ex-mil as is the Victor crew, but the lucky chap in one of the Buccs looked too young to have been on XV ?

All replies gratefully received thank you,

Rob