PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ-368 (engine & wing on fire) final report out
Old 6th Aug 2016, 21:10
PT6Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gatbus,
1 I did not say I was cabin crew and nowhere did I state that they should have initiated the evacuation on their own.
2. The main purpose of my posts has been to explicitly point out to those who say a decision to not evacuate was acceptable because the hull was not breached,is incorect
3. Nowhere in the above posts have I criticised the crew. Rather I have pointed out that we simply do not know what information the had available on which to make their decision.
4. I have highlighted above the fact that they could have been unaware of the fire and so did not consider evacuation.
5. Finally everyone here who states an evacuation would have been a good call bases that on the fact that we know the wing was on fire. There are some here who feel that the wing being on fire is insufficient evidence for an evacuation. I personally feel that if I had recieved the information thst the wing was on fire I would have evacuated.