PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B777 Emergency DXB
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2016, 16:24
POTATOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yaw String
Shoot me down if I'm wrong,but....if the METAR states 14 knot tailwind,with tempo swing to 12 knot headwind...wouldn't we ALL in our imagination,realise the possibility of a G/A requirement,and therefore run through the SOP for just that,in the brief,or at the latest,during final approach, with a touch drill included...Also,leaving the Autopilot in to make the G/A more simple..( last part an option).
Even more likely if it were headwind,to tailwind!

What's your point? Maybe they did do this, we weren't there so we don't know! No offense to you specifically YS (because maybe you didn't intend this as a criticism of the crew), but this is why we are our own worst enemies as pilots. All of the Monday-morning-quarterbacking that goes on after an accident/incident is sickening. Instead of admitting that we are all human and are ALL capable of making mistakes, and learning from each others mistakes, we are too quick to criticize and talk about how we would have done things so much differently (better) in said situation. That's very convenient when you are looking at an event in hindsight and weren't there to know exactly what circumstances they faced. To me the most dangerous pilot is one who says, "This type of thing could never happen to me because I'm such an ace pilot!". I much prefer the one who says, "What can I learn from this accident and how can I prevent this from ever happening to me?"...AND, might I add, we don't even know yet that any mistake was made on the part of the crew!