PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are illegal charters less safe?
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2016, 15:55
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The idea that auditing and procedures only generate paper and puts the crews under pressure.... well, if you take it as a paperwork exercise, that's what you get. If you take it as a genuine chance to improve (and get your CEO onboard that wagon) - guess what, that's what you get. It's what you make of it, and it sure as hell ain't going away, so moaning about it says more about the operator than it says about the system.
I disagree at least for ops as ours: 2 guys, 1 aircraft. My colleague and I are able to criticize (and learn!) each other AND ourselves without any paper work, thanks. The only thing that I accept is that there might be something 'slipping' through unrecognized. Which I doubt happening unless both of us have no understanding of it. How on earth the SMS, consisting of him and me (AGAIN!) should get hold of that mysterious item, I donŽt know...

The largest ops I ever worked for was a 16 pilots outfit. The SMS did nothing good there IMHO.

However, starting on Aug 26th IŽll find out about the wonders of NCC. I guess, as it was when I transited from German Air Law to JAR-OPS in 2000, not much will change, but more paper will be written on.

Last from me on the subject: WHERE are the accidents, especially above 5,7 tons / multiengine tons / private ops ? Where ?

We have a fight with the lower German Air Authority about our airport, where an airline operates 4 daily flights with Do328 and about 12 Jets above 5,7 are stationed. The only accident we had was an overrun by a COMMERCIALLY operated Do328, yet the authority uses THIS EXMPLE to make US train more and the access to the airport generally harder.
No bloody sense in that.