PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2016, 13:04
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Danny, as has been so rightly said before on this thread any fool can be uncomfortable. You have told us of your own efforts to ameliorate the discomforts of campaigning, i.e. your patent air transportable charpoy. It was no intention of mine to suggest that war should be uncomfortable for the sake of it, quite the opposite. My gripe is with those who describe someone as having "a good war". Presumably they are implying promotion, perhaps awards, or being involved in successful operations. All very admirable, but if that is all summed up as good, it rather ignores the suffering of others.
I guess my real objection though is that any war, whether from a personal or general perspective, can be described as "good". In my book there are no good wars, just wars.

Sorry to here about the PPRuNe gremlin striking. His favourite time for striking is late at night. You are a stalwart though, and I'm sure will start all over in order that this thread will be the better informed. For such dedication we are forever grateful!