PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cat now has new home
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2003, 22:42
Chuck Ellsworth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paper Tiger:

NJF is still here in Nanaimo, they did a test flight on it a few days after I left for North Weald and the left engine started losing power.

Anyhow the engine had ground up its master rod bearing and from there just trashed the rest of it.

They now have a new engine hung and Gary Short is about to ground run it. I am going out this AM to give him moral support. I may test fly it if they want me to, however a couple of Plane Sailing guys will deliver it to England.

I am not going to ferry any more airplanes, 21C was my last ferry flight after fifty years of flying I want some time to enjoy what ever years I have remaining before I die and go to hell.

Lu:

I also think the PBY is the best aircraft I ever flew, there is just something about the Cat that puts it in a Class all by its self.

The North Atlantic was the only route I had never flown with a Cat so now that has been done and I have flown all the Oceans except the Antartic, the hardest route was the South Atlantic.

I will of course do flight training on Cats as someone has to and it is kind of neat teaching people how to fly them on the water.

Pigboat:

Yeh, the Narsaruaq to Goose leg was the longest and most boring, solid cloud all the way from fifteen miles out of Nar. to the Labrador coast. It was really boring....

Remember to follow my Battle with Transport Canada, it will not dissapoint you.

In some ways the cover ups that top management in Transport do to protect those under them is not much better than the Catholic church covering for the pedophile priests......

I am not really stating that a Transport Canada Inspector that uses his power to destroy a client just because they can is as serious as a child molester.....but if one or more TC people deliberately ruin someones business for no reason other than they can, does that not also deserve the contempt and revulsion of the rest of us in Aviation?

But in my mind those who cover up are far worse than the original wrongdoer...........

Sorry for rambling on, but someone has to expose these people, and what the hell my career is over , they can't do anything to me.

Chuck