PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 777-300 emirates crash in Dubai
View Single Post
Old 6th Aug 2016, 09:40
joe falchetto 64

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by selcalcheck
Salve,
Volo lo stesso velivolo B777/300ER ma in una diversa Compagnia aerea.
Dal mio FCOM/AFM ricavo:

Max TO/LAND Enviromental Envelope ISA +39.4 (OAT 54.4).
Con le condizioni del volo EK l'aeroporto di DXB era ad una PA di 557.3 ft. (QNH993).
Per le condizioni date e alla temperatura METAR di 49 gradi la massima PA volabile risulta di circa 350 ft.
Sembra di capire che il 773 abbia iniziato il go around fuori dalla max. PA consentita.
Correggetemi pure se sbaglio.
Lascio le risposte ai calcoli di performance a chi vola il "triplo".
Di seguito un resoconto di un pilota , testimone oculare, da prendere con il dovuto grado di assertività .

Yesterday was the hot day for DXB, temperature was 48°C and QNH was 994. 12L was for arrival and 12R for departure.

We (IX-384) were at E2, and we taxied out via P2 and holding at N2 to cross 12L after the arriving aircraft. We saw our A321 PPB or E coming in, and at around 200 feet becoming unstable. Her attitude & wings went up down and immediately she went around. As advised, we cross the runway and proceeded to M2 L3 for further taxi. After that A321, another Emirates' 777 went around. Both the birds did go-around, around 200 feet, so I guess the winds at that height were unfavourable.

We continued our taxi on L4, briefly held at L4B, took a left turn at K for K4 intersection departure. During this time and after those two go arounds, we saw one more EK 777landing on the runway 12L. We were on Kilo so couldn't saw her approach, but we saw her landing at the normal touchdown zone.

When we were turning left on Kilo for K4 departure, and after completion of our checks, we saw her - EK521. They were sightly ahead of the perpendicular position on 12L - with respect to K4 of 12R. She was about 30/40' from the ground with nose up attitude, her attitude confused us thinking if ATC allowed parallel take off from 12L. We were discussing this, and we saw she is struggling to climb (landing dear were down). At a point around 150/200 feet, the struggle to climb stopped, for s brief moment leveled out, and then slowly she came down.

Those chain of events: from 50' feet, to level out, and coming down, looked like a slow motion for me. May be because of the unusual that happened, or, because of the thrust versus weight struggle, or, my perception - I don't know. But that was unreal for me to see 777 struggling and then succumbing to engines' fight with temperature + pressure.

Pilots went around (very low height) post windshear alert and so didn't take the gear up as per the required actions, OR, deliberately left the gear down following a normal go around and would have realised that rate of climb is insufficient. Whatever is the reason - but their decision of keeping the gear down was indeed a remarkable decision. IMO, a boon for all of them.

I wish, media won't put the blame again for "Pilot's Error", and shall appreciate their reflexive actions.

I guess the happenings after she came down, you all know.

We were stuck inside the AXI for more than three hours, were at airport until evening, had brief rest, and using our split duty clause operated 384 and came back around 6am. Haven't read the reports, or the posts, so above mentioned narration was as raw as it happened yesterday afternoon.
first hand account of Yesterday's EK521crash landing at Dubai
Ciao .