PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How about a fine/prison for taking luggage down the slide?
Old 6th Aug 2016, 08:58
ExXB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Four pages and still no concrete examples of why taking your carry on is a bad thing.

I NEED my insulin. To a slightly lessor extent I NEED my glucose meter. I put these in a small bumbag, with my passport, money, credit cards, phone and other valuables (if I am taking them) which I also need .

I have no confidence that my stuff will survive any subsequent fire (DXB a classic example). I have no confidence I could access my two types of insulin, or replace my meter in foreign lands. I have no confidence that temporary travel documents can be made available in less than 72hrs, particularly over a weekend.

Airlines REFUSE to accept liability for valuables in checked luggage even if they are destroyed in a crash like DXB. They get the diamond mine, you get the shaft. Same if they are stolen (pilfered is the wrong word for stealing).

And does anyone think you will be reunited with the stuff you leave behind? I don't.

Last edited by ExXB; 6th Aug 2016 at 10:05. Reason: Sp