PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B777 logic - balked landing/GA after touch down
Old 5th Aug 2016, 18:35
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being an old fart I ask forgiveness: I flew B767/757/738. Lots of automatics, but still quite basic if you wanted them to be. When you press TOGA the FD might, or not, give you guidance, but there is always a target attitude. The auto throttle might, or not, give you an increase in thrust, but does everyone not 'follow through' on the thrust levers? My thought is that if you want to GA you increase thrust & increase attitude. If you are in the mode for an automatic CMD GA then you'd expect it to comply, but you'd still follow though to ensure George fulfils its contract. If you are in split mode of autopilot and/or auto throttle surely you would ensure that the auto-part did its bit and you did your bit. Sitting back and watching after pushing a button does not sound the best technique.
I'm not relating to the Emirates particular accident; I haven't read all the threads, just a discussion on GA's after touchdown.