PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada/USA
Thread: Canada/USA
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2016, 18:02
JammedStab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do flying at quite a few locations in Canada and the US. Usually when going to a new city, I just do an internet search for the various flight schools/flying clubs. There are quite a few airfields around Toronto and depending on your location, it should be fairly easy to figure out depending on what you are looking for such as anything close to where you live or certain aircraft types.

Airports in the area include St. Catherines, Welland and Brantford and likely a few others. Getting toward Niagara Falls is actually kind of constrained as you have nearby Great Lakes to the north and south and the American border to the east which requires special signing up procedures for crossing. So to the west initially is the only direction.

I don't have details of any of these locations but finding a 172 is never difficult. My experience is that the checkout usually is the same old stuff in flight such as the steep turns, slow flight, stalls, forced approach, and some touch and goes. And of course the local procedures. Usually an exam or two. Lower total times may mean more of a checkout, I'm not sure but your total time isn't a lot.