PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How about a fine/prison for taking luggage down the slide?
Old 5th Aug 2016, 14:43
PAX_Britannica

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PDR1
Rather depends where you are. I know people who still haven't been recompensed for stuff that never re-emerged from the fiasco in the opening of terminal 5.

Then there are some american airports where a job as a baggage handler is essentially an all-you-can-eat buffet for the light-fingered. The worst I've experienced would be Chicago, as it seems have some others:

But you airline chappies really need to get your acts together and sing from a single hymn book. On the one hand we have harrumphing aircrew sneering at their customers for having the temerity to bring so much as a wallet into the cabin rather than putting it in the hold. On the other hand your employers make it clear at every stage of the ticket purchasing process that they don't want our stinking luggage cluttering up the hold and taking up space that they can use for paying freight (needed to pay for the 5-star hotel parties for the cabin crew, I expect) so we if we actually want to take more than the clothes we stand in we must either pack it into cabin baggage or take out a mortgage to put it in the hold.

Once you have your own house in order, and have got your stories straight then (and only then) will all this unseemly whining at the people who pay your salaries be anything less than childish tantrums.

€0.04 supplied,

PDR
Mr Caroll must either be indigent or a moron. Either way, he can be disregarded.

If you have something valuable that can't be carried as cabin baggage on a scheduled flight then you either Fedex it or charter a plane.

Last edited by PAX_Britannica; 5th Aug 2016 at 14:44. Reason: sp.