PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cannot replace a Mode C transponder
View Single Post
Old 5th Aug 2016, 05:06
Obidiah

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
In a world of increasing madness and mindless bureaucracy some individuals likely hold the last remnants of common sense.

Should you be one of those individuals you will be pleased to note that its frequency of use is entirely at the owners discretion.

KT76A's for example, are abundant in the second hand market, I believe Bunnings will sell you a small allen key that fits in the small hole in the facia of the unit.

It is said that by turning this allen key it will release the tension on the locking pawl and rotate it flush with the unit.

Apparently when this happens the unit can be slid out of it's tray.

This is where the brilliance of common sense shines brightest.....it follows that if you reverse this process the unit will go back in the tray.

Many may not be aware but in some way there was a manufacturing mistake that led to all KT76A's being the same size.

Just sayin'

PS. Common sense also says...don't buy a Bunnings allen key, buy a good one, however if you do buy a Bunnings one and it fails your own common sense will be richer for the experience.

Note. From this point until the passing of the night of the 9th of August in the third quarter I shall relinquish my title of Obidiah and here after be named Justin Saine

Last edited by Obidiah; 5th Aug 2016 at 05:33.