PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA staff walkout @ LHR
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2003, 20:19
Dave Gittins

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Self Check - In

I am intrigued at the possibility of being able to check myself in and avoid the terrible queues and the interminable wait the worst part of most - surely that ... and internet access to pre-arrange seats , catering needs etc. are the way ahead (apart from the greedier IT airlines who try and sting you for an extra £20.00 each to book the emergency exit seats) so surely Mr Eddington must be actively viewing this as his solution to the current debacle with his staff (I hear there is still a shedload of bags at LHR).

I have used a self-check in once - BA at Gatwick (flying all the way to Manchester) - but it was only for the baggageless, to be able to do it for my baggageladen flights on hols would be a real blessing and would surely be the end to the majority of the frayed tempers one always finds amongst the SLF.

How can one "self check in" baggage ?? check - in agents are seen as the arbitrary imposers of fines - overweight baggage charges - by most of the people I know and somebody you always have to be extra nice to as non of us ever manage to keep within the 20 kg we are allowed.

It's time we used a bit more technology and we moved on from the risk of wildcat strikes spoiling our day.