PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - new carrier - BFS to LHR
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2003, 20:15
glynn-kayes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can expand all you want at bhd but the fact remains it will never be a 24 hour operation as i have said before on this subject bhd was only ever opened so that shorts could keep the unions on their side in the late 70s early 80s and 95 percent of the workforce were from east belfast a few of my family worked at shorts then and a few still do.....back then instead of facing the sack skilled trademen were offered ramp jobs at bhd and most recently bombardier of canada thought that they owned belfast international so they were really in touch with the operation... not ?..bhd is responsible for splitting traffic in northern ireland and stopping european operators from coming in to the province it has held northen ireland back in terms of scheduled services i think it is only a matter of time time before bacx say byebye aer arran are pulling off the dublin route and jetmagic loads are awfull despite what others are saying and as for aer wales i dont hold out much hope for them by the way how is old flymo thompson haha