PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Meteorology degree...
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2003, 19:59
Spike001

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yep well i'm definetly sticking with it.

I've been doing abit of research over the last few days, and i've found out that it's very well taking ATPL groundschool, but it's only valid for 2yrs, during which you have to pass a CPL and IR.

The total costs for ATPL groundschool, CPL, IR, in a duration of approx 2yrs 7 months, comes to £21,000!

So from that alone, i need to do some saving. The meteorology course on the other hand requires either a good pass in Maths or Physics A level. I did pass Physics A level, but not at an excellent grade, so it looks like i'm going to have to work at some where like London Gatwick for approx. 2-3yrs, gaining flight experience, touching up on my maths and physics skills, maybe the odd qualification in flying or else where along route and saving up for the ATPL etc.

I feel that's sadly the best way to do it, avoiding the debt situation, allowing enough time to prepare for the courses ahead and also HOPEFULLY the aviation industry will pick up during that period.

It's better not to jump into the deep end and regret it I say.

P.S.

If anyone knows of any good jobs going at Gatwick, please give us a buzz, pref. airside.

Cheers guys

Will