PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK f/o on 380 or continue LTC 320 in India
Old 3rd Aug 2016, 21:43
Airbuspilot72

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did same mistake as you and now no one is ready to accept me back directly on left seat. Since I have been a FO here for 1 year my ex airline wants me to go on right seat and then work my way to left all over again.
Value your left seat. Don't give it up so easily. Most of the pilots here are from countries where they don't get upgraded for 10 to 15 years plus they don't earn well so for them it's a heaven but in India you already earn well plus low cost of living even after high taxes and with kind of money in your own home country you can afford best of the life style.

All airlines are same. If it's a brand it's for pax not any more for pilots. Your life will be hell as a FO. here FO is treated like a useless pilot even grade 2 cabin crew won't talk to you straight. If you think as a pilot you will get good meals in cockpit then you are in expecting too much. pilot meals are pathetic and you can not have pax meals, even they are also not that grt. Feeding cockpit is the last priority of cabin crew.
On 16 hours flight ( time from leaving home to reaching hotel around 19 to 20 hours) also airlines expects you to eat only once.
It's hell here. So sincerest advice don't come here rest it's your life you have to take decisions