PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK layovers
Thread: EK layovers
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2016, 17:02
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
777Boyo

Bloody hell taffy, allowances must have been good. Meal in Fattys followed by Elvis bar? Fattys is in Singapore, the Elvis bar is in Bangkok....that's an expensive Tuk Tuk!. Tom Jones also sang there some nights......but that's 'not unusual'.

crewmeal

Loved The Grand Hotel in Manchester, one of my favourite places to go for the yearly birthday treat when I was a kid. The Carvery was epic and as you say, very traditional. Dessert came round on a trolley with trifle, black forest gateau, creme caramel.....having a pre dinner drink in the bar was such a treat before the meal. Think BA moved to the Britannia in the late 80's if I'm not mistaken so you really are showing your age....as am I!

lospilotos

LHR, MAN, GLA, CDG, LIS, ROME, FRA, BUD, VIE, WAW, HKG, PER, SYD, ADD, ABJ, EZE, JFK, CPH, BRU are just some I can think of and I'm sure there're more. Certainly not the majority of places we go to for sure but still nice even if you miss the booze and get a free bacon butty next day. You should be more appreciative of the small things you get in life......my wife is!

RemoveBEFlght

Mate, not a good idea. They clean their pants in those rice cookers/kettles. I ain't eating no brown rice!

Harry