PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R66 crash in Wikieup, Arizona, U.S.A., kills 2
Old 3rd Aug 2016, 00:30
LRP

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by gator2
Didn't suggest "jamming" right pedal. Didn't suggest right pedal in lieu of easy back on cyclic.

Still want to know: Why not right pedal (to about where it goes when I enter auto, I've got a lot of practice at that) as I go easy back on cyclic?

Also, if I was way out of trim right and pushed over, would the machine snap roll left?

Also, I don't buy the CG thing causing the roll. I think center of pressure of drag on body when crabbed to relative air is far below center of thrust from TR and this is what causes roll. For CG to be a factor, there must be acceleration. Not much of that if you push over while slowing at the top of a climb, and yet she'll snap if you do that.
Poor choice of words, "jamming" was mine not yours.

I have some experience with this phenomena in Bell semi-rigid systems, aft cyclic while minimizing all other control inputs proved to have the highest survival rate. From the M/R separations that I am familiar it appears that there is very little time to react.

That's my two-cents, PM me if you want to talk about the aerodynamics, otherwise stay safe.