PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Link Trainee First Officer Level 1&2
Old 2nd Aug 2016, 12:13
V-Jet

Received 59 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by neville_nobody
Very true words there V-Jet. Unfortunately in Australia (and it has always been so) there are really very few flying jobs available so whilst not getting into QLink on face value may not be a big deal it could mean the end of someones flying career who is otherwise perfectly capable. I think that is why these types of testing regimes bring such angst amongst the pilot fraternity.

My other issue is once people start 'cheating' on the testing system by getting coached that basically negates any point in actually doing it in the first instance as the company is now getting a manufactured result rather than a true test of one's aptitude.
Not what I meant, I don't think. Never say die, and if you persist I'm sure that one day you will get somewhere you want to be. My cooment re being honest was purely suggesting the questions and tasks are structured in such a way as to see through any 'cheating' - strangely enough the people being paid millions to write the tests will probably be aware that unsophisticated strategies do exist - such as cheating Unless they are fools, they know everyone cheats in some way, their goal is to work out if you are merely stacking the deck or trying to switch the dealers entire pack with one of your own.

A friend of a friend of mine is a commercial property 'salesman' for a major international corporation. I 100% guarantee anyone he isn't any better in any way (and I would argue less) than anyone here. One deal he signed last year garnered a USD$50 million bonus. Obviously this was in addition to any mere salary he might have earned, but I put this out there as an example. Much like strippers quoting 'I earn $xx in tips every night' it's not every day such a deal happens, but if you only had one in a lifetime I think most of us would struggle by on just that. In short, flying can be bloody good fun, but it isn't everything.

Do your very best, but if it isn't what 'they' want on that particular day, many doors might open for you that you possibly wouldn't have been aware of. And if nothing else, your next interview will be a lot easier!