PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2016, 11:50
tucumseh

Received 172 Likes on 65 Posts
ACW342

If I may say again, your dissection of MoD's lies is admirable.

The phrase that grips me in the letter of 11 May is "poor practice went un-noticed". This is a damnable lie. One need only read the Airworthiness Reviews by Director of Flight Safety to the RAF Chief Engineer and ACAS to see that both knew of systemic failings in August 1992. CE claimed to the media (BBC, 2011) that he implemented the recommendations, but further reports by DFS between 1992 and 1998, and the Chief of Defence Procurement's admission to the Public Accounts Committee in March 1999, reveal the truth. The Nimrod Review confirmed these failings remained in 2009, and you are finding out what has been done to correct them since the formation of the MAA in 2010. The CE's claim is compounded by the fact that in December 1992 his subordinate, a 2 Star, threatened engineering staff who had been complaining about the failures since 1988 with dismissal if they persisted. The audit report designed to protect those staff was submitted direct to PUS in June 1996, confirming the failings. I have just outlined a long, unbroken audit trail proving very senior officers, officials and Minsters have known about this for the best part of 25 years.

Later this month a book will be published (Kindle version available now) which will help you in your efforts. I have no intention to discuss it further, except to say it was submitted to MoD, the Defence Select Committee and Cabinet Secretary for vetting, and passed.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Their-Great...atest+disgrace