PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying Academy in Czech Republic...opinion !
Old 1st Aug 2016, 21:39
FlyingAcademy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flying Academy

It is easy when you write online hidden behind a nickname, but in this case we know who you are.

Therefore, let's take a look at facts:

@Pilot in Commander

Enrolled to 0-ATPL with US experience - the most efficient and comprehensive training program you can find for EASA license.

Start date: September 17, 2014
End date: May 5, 2016

No flights in the period: December 13, 2014 - September 19, 2015 (9 months of break). This means that you actually finished your 0 experience to ATPL frozen, CPL, IR and MEP training in 19 months, but in 9 of them you chose not to have any flights, against our recommendation.

There were 11.1 hours extra agreed for your training, which led to the first attempt pass on all your check-rides accompanied by the first time pass on your ATPL exams on the 14 subjects. Congratulations on that!

The minimum of hours in the contract was 218, including the check-rides. The actual number of hours flown in aircraft was 229.1.
Also, you did decide to fly a large part of your time building in a more expensive aircraft than the one quoted in the contract.

Amount paid: 985.296 CZK (36.458 EUR)

@Pilot Vecihi

Enrolled in the 0-ATPL program - entire training conducted in Europe.

Start date: June 8, 2015
End date: July 21, 2016

This means 13 months, from 0 experience to ATPL frozen, CPL, IR and MEP. This is a way shorter time than the average for this type of training and this is what we offer to our students, if our recommendations are followed.

We had recommended some extra training hours, but you refused to fly them. However, due to failing the check ride twice, there were 9.6 hours extra needed for training, out of which 3 hours were on the PA44, multi-engine airplane.

The minimum of hours in the contract was 218, including the check-rides. The actual number of hours flown in aircraft was 227.6. Moreover, after completing the training with us, your English has substantially improved, reaching the professional level needed in the airline industry. You succeeded in passing the ATPL theory on the first attempt, which is not very common in general, but very common in our school.

Amount paid: 1.164.484 czk (42.811 EUR, including VAT when applicable)

You are both claiming that the facts are not aligned to what we promise. I would like to invite the readers of this thread to take a look on our website and to compare the prices:
Flight School Flying Academy

Even though you threatened me with writing bad reviews on this forum, I still decided to give you both recommendation letters. I believe your actions are just to blow off some steam at the end of a very demanding training and I feel sorry that this is the way you decided to thank the school which invested time, effort and resources so that you will fulfill your dream.

I'm happy and proud that from the thousands of pilots trained in the past decade, the majority of our alumni are happy with their achievements. Let's please note that we have over 400 enrolled students as we speak in our bases from Miami, Prague and Brno.

As I was writing in the recommendation letters that I gave to both of you, I believe that you did a great job in your training. We got used to getting great news about our students being hired in the airlines. Another one of our trainees was hired today!

We trained you to become very good at what you will be doing as professional pilots. With the training received completing your skills, I am sure that you will soon give us the good news that you received a job offer.

I wish you all the best in your future career!

Regards,
Radim Olbrecht

Head of Training
Flying Academy