PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1st Time Renters Insurance - Help
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2016, 11:51
alland2012

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hzottel
Excuse my stupidity, but i never heard of renters insurance...? I am a european and rented various times in the US for XC trips. Non of the companies menationed anything about renters insurance...? So I guess RI would be some additional coverage, right?

One question remains though: Are off airport landings, sand gravel and dirt strips covered in the standard US insurance? Want to go back country flying this fall and was wondering...
I use Avemco for my renters coverage, Many rental operations will have their fleet covered but they will come after you for the deductable at the very least in the event of an incident.

Also worth noting unless renting from an operation that includes back country flying, most have a clause in the rental contract stating no off airport landings, even at the best Grass Strip airfields.

I'm over in Florida every couple of months for a few weeks per trip so I like to fly as much as possible while there, one frustration is there are some great small airfields to visit but have grass strips so I'm not allowed to go there.

Last edited by alland2012; 1st Aug 2016 at 15:13.