PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK f/o on 380 or continue LTC 320 in India
Old 1st Aug 2016, 09:03
Dking737

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give it a shot

Dear iamanaussiemavrick,
I understand you are an LTC in a LCC in India and are in line to become an TRI in the near future. I see that you are 27 and already a LTC with 5500 hours. In the sandpit with 5500 hrs you will be not be even considered for command because of your low experience(plz don't get me wrong). The average time when people are up for command is about 7000-8000 hours jet time where people have flown wide range of aircraft and the whole concept of command is very different here.
My suggestion to you is come to the sandpit not for the luxury or lifestyle but to improve your knowledge and skills as a pilot and to become an overall pilot, travel and lifestyle will fall into place depending on what you make of your time in the sandpit. There is obviously a lot of negativity around and it is personal depending on how you look at things. Lot of things are done very differently in this part of the world and the training standards are way higher.
You are young and can take chances, if the sandpit doesn't work for you, you can go back as a captain in India.

These are my 2 cents
Dking737