PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - End of the 225?
Thread: End of the 225?
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2016, 08:38
Hompy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scandal

I agree with nowherespecial, except that the mechanical problem with the gearbox is 'probably'.... and that's the big problem. Probably isn't good enough.

When I kicked off this thread I did not expect that it really would be the end of the 225 and it won't be completely. However, as has been said, I think for North Sea Offshore it is the end.

The big scandal in all this is that Airbus Helicopters or key members of their team got some important things very wrong early on. This was either deliberate or a big mistake but they had roadshows peddling their disinformation both inside and outside their company. This is bad and shows a fundamental lack of understanding of the business they are in IMHO. They had no regard for the people involved in the accident and a disregard for their own responsibilities and I hope the people who made these errors or took the decisions get 'retrained'!

My other hope from this is that operators and commentators learn from the experience and take vested party's opinions with a certain degree of cynicism until the facts emerge.