PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Circling Approach rules
View Single Post
Old 1st Aug 2016, 03:58
underfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was wondering if I'm in a cat c a/c for circling but the approach speed Im using puts me in category d speeds, do I still fly cat c mins or cat d?
Is the CAT based on ac or FAS?

The 50ft additive is not required by all regulators, and I have never heard of it being applied to the circling minima
MDA is the MDA, you cannot bust this surface. When on final, you have to include momentary descent, whatever that is for your ac and conditions. It is not necessary 50 feet, the operator is required to calculate this based on the conditions.
If you are on final, and decide to go missed, between the decision to do this, change config, and the ability of the aircraft to actually go from approach to climb, lets say that you decide at DA to go missed, and change config?I think most would find that the 50 foot descent is not actually obtainable.

Even if you decided in advance to go missed, you have to follow the approach profile. You then have to figure out when to go missed based on the conditions. What basis for this are you using?