PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Float Plane bush pilot course, recommended operators
Old 31st Jul 2016, 07:52
_CLOUD_SURFER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cheers er340790

I contacted a few operators and they mentioned a few things I might have troubles with. I contacted Transport Canada for a FLVC (Foreign Licence Validation Certificate), one operator said we could do the training but he couldn't issue the rating (even though its a design feature endorsement) because I would not have a Canadian licence to "attach it on to" and that I would need to carry out a CPL licence conversion. Requiring far more than the 15 hours proficiency on floats.

If I am currently flying to a commercial standard here in AUS, just successfully renewed my MECIR, well then a standard CPL flight test in Canada on a C172 with floats should be relatively simple no? The operator was like no offense but even someone with lots of hours still needs 20+ minimum to pass.

Am I getting shafted here? Any clarification on the float plane endorsement being recognized in other countries, ie. AUS, for commercial work following would be hugely appreciated, before I waste a tonne of money on potentially something useless. (Besides the epic experience in itself).

Many thanks
CS