PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL Theory books
View Single Post
Old 31st Jul 2016, 06:50
Gordon Bennet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is a thread about the Jeppesen books that mentions this. http://www.pprune.org/professional-p...-outdated.html

To save you looking, I mentioned there that the only material really suitable for home study is either the padpilot stuff or Phil Croucher's EASA Professional Pilot Studies, the latter being the least expensive, and an all in one publication rather than separate volumes for each subject.

However, as mentioned above, unless you are allowed to self-certify for the exams, like you already hold an ICAO ATPL with suitable experience, you will need to use an ATO to get to take the exams eventually, and they will supply you with course notes anyway.

One of my recruiters who knows about such things tells me that there are only 2 or 3 sources of original study notes - many of the schools use each other's - for example, Airways Aviation have just moved to Pad Pilot from Bristol. You should therefore choose the school that suits you best in terms of instructors and use the publications above as a supplement.

G