PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Considering quitting - A bit of talking and advice
Old 30th Jul 2016, 18:49
Qazx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Considering quitting - A bit of talking and advice

Good evening everyone!

Hope you won't mind me unloading my share of doubts in here. I have been training (ab initio Integrated) since September, and now I just feel stuck in the flight training itself, regressing and I am starting to seriously consider quitting altogether.

Flight training started very well, soloed at 9h, had a lot of fun and in general felt increasingly in control of the aircraft and of procedures. And then everything just tumbled down. I am currently doing ATPL theory on the side of flight training itself (have no problem with that) but when I get into the aircraft, every little bit of enjoyment/control/confidence is gone. I get lost when rejoining uncontrolled airfields, I've become sloppy in things as simple as traffic patterns, became slow just because I don't DARE doing things in the aircraft. Brain frozen, mushy, obviously very disappointed in myself and down. And dreading the next flight lesson.

And of course it keeps feeding itself. Question is: when shall I really call it quit. And how much might environment actually influence the training. The place where I am learning is quite remote, with nothing in terms of little distraction (not as much as a coffee place). Being from a different background and being quite far in age from my fellow classmates, I failed to properly integrate. Loneliness and feeling widely out-of-place are just fueling low-confidence. I am just wondering how you guys would approach the situation, and whether you had any, even the tiniest, piece of advice that could help.

Thanks pilots