PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Latest from EK Recruitment........
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2016, 11:08
MosEisley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do women in other professions get $#it for being feminine or is it only in this profession? Probably just this one because it's filled with dorky a$$holes that probably never had a date in high school. It's a job, you aren't special. Your extensive training and rank don't entitle you to belittle someone who does the exact same job as you just because she's an attractive and "girly" female. The fact that a lot of you probably never had a shot with a woman like her (intelligent, talented, and attractive) explains a lot of the resentment

And don't give me the "she makes pilots look bad" bs because she's only challenging your personal and outdated interpretation of pilot image. Are your egos that fragile? Is your manhood so tied to your job that anything that makes it seem less macho needs to be ridiculed as girly and/or unprofessional.

And please, let's not ignore the fact that most pilots could use her fashion advice. Most are happy with the layover standard outfit of a members only jacket over a golf shirt tucked into mom jeans topped off with white trainers or work shoes. Have you heard the joke "what's a pilot's best form of birth control?" It has two punchlines, one is "their personality" and the other is "their layover clothes." I'm guessing both apply to this lot.

For the record, I am neither her Dad nor boyfriend, just a friend who knows better and is tired of you catty b!tches picking on someone who isn't here and doesn't deserve it. Your egos may lead you to think you are justified in criticizing her or "expressing your opinion" about her, but it really doesn't. Direct your man rage where it belongs, your crappy rosters and declining quality of life, neither of which are her fault.