PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Radio phraseology
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2003, 05:25
Sperm Bank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airnoservice I agree with you and probably should have toned down my response. We should all try to conduct ourselves professionally, however there are circumstances down here which are open to conjecture and mis-interpretation. After years flying around europe and experiencing all sorts of radio procedures (as all the countries are different), I learnt to be very patient and adapt to the environment. Despite what everyone was saying over the radio, it all worked. Not once did I hear the sort of nonsense that is being perpertrated by a small minority down here.

The average pilot and ATCO in Oz from my experience want to do their job correctly. What they don't want or need is a lecture by some self righteous pilots on how to conduct their operations. The respective companies and department heads should take care of that.

Concise radio procedures are born out of clarity in the document in which they are laid down. I defy anyone to give me the correct and exact terminology in Oz. As the above paragraph says "and when circumstances differ, pilots, ATS and Air defence personel, and other ground personel will be expected to use appropriate subsidiary phraseologies which should be clear, concise, and designed to avoid any possible confusion" Subsidiary phraseologies!!!!!!!! What on earth does that mean? I interpret it as use your common sense and when in doubt, read it out!!!

Hope you are enjoying yourself in the desert away from all this "plug up the butt" stuff down here. Cheers mate.