PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2016, 20:53
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AndrewH52

Delighted we can have a good robust debate but (there is always a but) I disagree with the litmus test you prefaced re projects and especially projects in London.

I accept total accountability and scrutiny re audit is necessary BUT there is a nagging doubt in my mind whether projects in London are subject to that same forensic scrutiny as they are up here.

Yes of course London is the capital and to a certain degree investment down there will always justify itself but if we are of a mindset based on this criteria the North may as well go to hell in a handcart, I cannot see how we can ever move forward as one nation.

We don't want subsidy, but a recognition that Manchester isn't some desolate outpost but one if not thee most significant driver of economic activity across the North of England and yes "local "transport strategies is indeed tied to its success.

Ask the good people of Humberside, Cumbria and
N Wales where they want connectivity!

As an aside how refreshing that somebody has suggested we have another look at the figures re EDF etc.

Please some scrutiny re LHR rw3.

We had a stupid soundbite from a Tyneside MP Thursday
"Build and be dammed ". This imbecile generated a major headline in the lcoal rag but seemingly has not but a clue
re costs!

...so yes some checks and balances are warmly welcome!

Last edited by Bagso; 29th Jul 2016 at 21:05.