PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH - 2
Thread: EDINBURGH - 2
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2016, 16:56
sdh2903

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by A350Saltire

DL knew exactly what they were getting into at EDI due to their experience through VS with its Little Red experiment and it must have been convincing enough for them to decide that a direct service to JFK for SkyTeam customers was what was needed. That's not to say EDI didn't support them with some attractive charges.

I may not know as much about the industry as others on here but surely all we can expect is for posters to be impartial.
I hope you take your own advice regarding impartiality.

I doubt very much that DL gained very much info from the money pit that was little red. More likely they saw their main American friends at AA and UA throwing 3 flights a day in between them.

Let's face it EDI at times is a complete mess. It's overstretched infrastructure wise. The security area is a mess. They need more apron space and the terminal is uncomfortably crowded at peak times. Even driving airside is horrendous as they've shut of some of the head of stand roads.

They seem to be heading in the same direction as Luton. Pax numbers at all costs. And look at the mess LTN is getting itself into. You'll just end up peeing off the punters and they'll go elsewhere.