PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBC article: Airport alcohol sales to be 'examined' by Lord Ahmad
Old 29th Jul 2016, 11:29
HeartyMeatballs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I think it should be limited. Not banned. Linked some how to boarding cards where it can be tracked. I don't see why I should be denied my 04:00AM mimosa before my long awaited holiday just because some idiots can't handled themselves and see it as a competition to be a vile as possible.

And airports are merely walk through bars. The planes and the runway are incidental. If nobody is spending in the over priced bars then passenger charges will simply increase.

Too often the airports simply pass the problem on to the airlines. Getting the passengers as drunk as they can and then waving the passengers through the gate (few gate staff are actually employed by the airline) and getting them onboard.

We airlines are getting good at turning people away. It's no skin of our bones. We have their money already so we are sitting pretty. We also cancel their return flight so we can resell their seat. Again, more money for us. But more importantly a better and safer travel experience for the non morons.