PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Multi Engine Pilot looking for the next step?
Old 29th Jul 2016, 09:17
tume

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not sure if FAA ATP will do you any good in the desert unless you have 500h multicrew jet/heavy TP. Having gotten mine earlier this year, and moved back to Europe, I have very similar experience (and age) as you except I don't have much ME time but SE turboprop. Worked for a FAA Part 135 carrier as a last job and flying the same aircraft in Europe now once a month and looking for something more permanent.

I guess Moorzy0201 doesn't have US Passport / Green Card - there would be no difficulty obtaining a job at any regional (or corporate) as it seems ATP mins + pulse is the requirement at the moment.

People say the market is good right now, unfortunately in Europe nowadays it seems no one/very few people give a rats ass if you have worked your way up the traditional way (instructed your tail off, flew a light AC in your AOC operator etc.), nor if you have great refences (I have from previous carrier+instructing+military+major European airline ground ops). This is at least my experience, I have been looking for a break for several years. Let me know if you find anything as I am interested.

It's hard to catch a break here if you are not among these three categories, but I guess you know this already:
1) Know people inside (and/or excerise some brown-nosing)
2) Type rated with 500h on type
3) 200h cadet (preferably integrated from a big school) willing to shell 30k€+ for a type rating

Last edited by tume; 29th Jul 2016 at 09:38.