PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Distance Learning Study Advice
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2016, 19:48
rifruffian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My own experience; long time ago, but 'studying' doesn't change much.
I enrolled at a London college to do the course of studies to ATPL. The week the course started, London fell under the spell of terrorists, bombs and all. As a result, the lecturers didn't report for duty. Meanwhile I was paying accommodations etc in London for no return, so I went home.

I purchased the official CAA booklets that specified the exact detail of the exams syllabus; bought other three text books......one on met, one on radio and nav, one on aerodynamics.

I used the local library, all day every day except Sundays, for about three months, as my place of study. I went through the CAA books phrase by phrase and extracted the info from the text books. These text books also contained many sample problems and questions to be used by the reader.

Subsequent to these studies I sat the exams and passed. Air law must have been somewhere in there as well......(and flight planning, and performance !)

Of course in these many passing years the syllabus detail will have changed but since principles of flight, nav and met don't fundamentally change, probably the study scheme outlined above could still work.