PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Distance Learning Study Advice
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2016, 16:50
VFR Transit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Distance Learning Study Advice

Hey All,

It has been some time since I was in formal education and this was only to GCSE level. I find myself starting the ATPL Theory (BGS) after a few years deliberating. My problem is that due to the large gap between study and today I am not 100%sure how to approach learning from books again. Before I ask for help I would like to share with you my initial thoughts are on approaching this mammoth task.

I first plan to study in one hour blocks throughout the day giving myself a 20 minute break between each session, so to no overload on information. I plan to enhance my book learning with CBT from Oxford Aviation Media. I hope this style of learning will allow me to learn the required course content. I also plan to combine my weeks learning with practice test on the Bristol Question Bank.

As you can see from the above this my thoughts on how to approach, however I would very much appreciate your comments, tips and advice on what worked for you or what you feel could work for me. I am doing the distance learning full time as I do not have a job so I am able to structure my days around full time study.

I look forward to your comments.

Thanks
VFR