PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A380 low at Melbourne
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2016, 13:09
filejw
Longtimelurker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Airbubba
That's it, thanks again. Just as you will never see 3000 MSL written as A030 in an NTSB report, I've never heard the ICAO flight plan called a Flight Notification.

Fortunately, as an American, I don't worry about that ICAO stuff too much when flying internationally.

I was in KIX a while back and saw a purple trimotor freighter drop down quite low over the bay turning final on that curved ILS to 24L. They then started a climb and I thought they would go missed but they continued to an uneventful landing. I assume it was a case of 'extend me off the runway' (or whatever the equivalent phrase is on the Mad Dog) and a low phony vertical profile was generated and perhaps chased in vertical speed away from the altitude window.
Ref Airbubbba comment on KIX ILS 24L and FedEx. I most likely caused by hitting app arm to early. The arrival transition calls for LNAV/VNAV in most a/c and if you select APP to early the aircraft will start looking for LOC/GS . Iv seen this happen in more than one type over the years.