PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What makes a fantastic flight?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2003, 01:12
Jerricho
Ohcirrej

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The best flight I had was after having been away from home for 18 months. The QANTAS flight from Heathrow was full, but I still managed to blag the emergency exit seat. But, the culmination was the Cabin staff member who I started having a chin-wag with, who excused himself as soon as the seat belt sign went off, and returned with a can of VB and a Bundy and Coke and placed them infront of me. "Welcome back..............". It brought a tear to my eye. And every time it was empty, it was replaced (until I had to say I had had enough........which was about overhead India!!!)

I must admit one thing that really erks me, and it isn't a cabin staff thing, but being kinda tall (6 foot 1) and being told emergency exit seats are not available, and getting on the jet to see people of the older generation sitting there (no disrespect intended). I was always under the impression that people were usually selected to sit there with the thought being they could help in an emergency situation. I always aim to check in as early as possible, but this happens on a regular basis.