PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MMMmmmiles Aircraft
View Single Post
Old 30th Jul 2003, 00:58
Hairyplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MMMmmiles models

I asked Barry Clay - master modeller from Warwickshire - Le Grande Fromage of the 'Wings over Warwickshire' Yahoo Group - to respond to Airbedanes plans. Here is what he had to say via Email direct to me -

What a great idea,some that come to mind are as follows,Aeromodeller Magister rubber model plans,I have built one and it flew well,they did a Master and Kestrel trainer (beautiful machine),the book of Miles aircraft has numerous drawings to 1=72 nd scale of a lot of Miles types,Air Stories magazine (1936 vintage) did the Kestrel trainer again (James Hays Stevens who designed the Skybirds series,ask (Airbedane) if he remembers those,bet he does),Flying review did a small section on how to convert a Master into a Martinet target tug,I will no doubt think of others as the day goes on.
Yes I do put the occasional item onto Prune the last thing was on the Kings Cup races and the Miles types that were raced,you know (HairyPlane) with people like yourself the name of Miles will live forever,I met someone once who worked for him and he said that he was a hard taskmaster,Blossom was a genius by any standards,the aircraft do have a certain feminine touch about their design hence their inherent beauty,that could only be achieved with wood and not metal structures,lovely !
If ever you bring the Falcon to Shotteswell I would love to get a Falcon in my log,the Magister would be equally lovely,you are indeed a lucky man to own such beauties and I know that you have their interest at heart,more than can be said for the Cosford/Mitchell inmates which continue to gather more bird debris and sink into the ground,why do they do such things ? my last letter to Bob about their future remains unanswered.
I will try and sort out more Miles memories and think of more plans for AB to add to his list.you take care now,Regards Barry

---------------------------------------------------

Bob Mitchell is the guy who is allowing his Whitney Straight and Monarch to rot into the ground at Cosford - won't talk to anyone - shades of Dr. Ian Dalziel and his W Waltham Monarch - wierd....

Well, I also think of Blossom when I rub the gentle curves of the Falcon - a design she penned. Very tactile...

OK - she only had one eye but hey - my six pack turned into a Party Seven yonks ago and the 'hair' on my handle (I think I ought to rephrase that..... Baaaaaaa!) has nothing whatsoever to do with my follicly challenged bonce.

Brazilian Maggie - Airworthy Maggie for sale in Brazil - very important pre-war machine - check out Barnstormers!

HP