PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter crash Breighton aerodrome
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2016, 06:52
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
So, I link to a news report, as we all do, that says "The wreckage was removed from Breighton airfield" . When I ask how this removal would affect the investigation, I am told that I am wrong.

Nigleh tells us he heard that "the ac did a quick stop, (with 5 pob!) came to the hover and there was a Bang ...next thing it was on the ground." I ask if he is suggesting that this could be an engine issue and I am told that I am wrong.

MD;
maybe i am a bit thick was your cartoons supposed to mean something?
hopefully it was directed at me ,not the deceased /

also i was intrigued by your mention of the engine is there something one needs to know about the engine ,or do you know something about the engine that every one needs to know ?
The cartoon is MD trying to shoot the messenger, but getting it wrong.

As for the engine reference, I think you'll find that after his description of the incident, I asked nigelh if he was suggesting there is an engine issue here. Knowing that MD has knowledge about Alouettes being fitted with Gazelle engines and that he knows/knew someone selling a load off, as referred to in my links, he might know more than most about the engines fitted to Alouettes.

As for the comment; "Thanks for your concerns but I think the AAIB have every thing in hand it's not the first time they've done this".

I'm sure that it isn't, and more importantly it won't be the last; however things such as the ac's removal from the site, investigation by correspondence, and paperwork bundling up ten days after ... imho ... would suggest that perhaps in future some things might need assessing.