PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thomas Cook
Thread: Thomas Cook
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2016, 22:09
Stone Cold II

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Day 1 you cannot report before 6am. Day 1 and day 5 should not be elongated duties, there shouldn't be consecutive 4 sector duty days through the week. I've just done a little AMS and back. All week I have only 2 sector days and not particularly long. For August during reserve month and no leave, I'm not even doing 65hrs (I am scratching my head as to why it's so low mind, not high on hours).

Apart from the day 1 early start that cannot be earlier than 6am, crewing may try it on with lots of 4 sector days, especially LGW. If they do file a fatigue concern that they're not following FRMS guidelines, sometimes it's changed sometimes not, if they don't and you're tired go fatigue.

EZY is a different airline depending on where you are based, I wouldn't want to be at LGW. I'm regional base and do approx 700-750 hours a year.

The 5 on generally is a mixture, a double domestic isn't a particularly long day and is over quickly, don't work very hard during the winter, again it depends on what base you're at.

I bet TC is a cushy number, for me at a regional base and LHS with no real want to go LH, I find EZY hard to beat, some things are annoying like all airlines and days can be long, find me a company in this day and age who don't want to get the max out of you.