PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Help me cross out paths not to take
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2016, 13:33
Griffon_PMI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there,

I see no one said anything but I think I can put a bit from my side... I dont know if it will clear your ideas.

The age is a bit of an issue, I am in the same range but with my licences and some experience. On the other hand, I always said to give it a go!
If youre thinking on trying Africa, you could make a move in South Africa for training, or try some modular in Europe. Why modular? Cause in Africa you will not need a full ATPL, or a ME IR initially, but a CPL SEP and some hundreds of hours can make the thing work in Botswana or Namibia. (see african forums)

I would say, 400 hrs SEP with a CPL will be enough, but I encourage you to take an IR SEP too. That is reducing cost and time. But you will need to make some sacrifices to get that job... money and time.

An instructor rating can help too...

Now, if what you want is a position in an airline with big nice planes.... unless you really know someone that can guarantee you a job straight out of school, or you have the big amount of money needed to push you trough other younger candidates, you have a big chance to get stuck on the way.

Post me if I can be of any help... (except for money)