PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WestJet flights to London prompting a wave of complaints and compensation
Old 27th Jul 2016, 02:32
Drussjnr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I flew WJ yesterday from LGW to YYR. It was delayed by two hours, however i liked the overall experience. I like the fact that it is stripped back, I was able to use my laptop to watch movies which for me was better than a twenty year old tiny screen. The Westjet Connect is a move which i expect many other airlines to adopt moving into the future. I like the fact i was not bombarded with crappy airline food all the time and took both complementary drinks. Because I was in 5H I had a huge amount of room to stretch out. The plus upgrade price is reasonable for what it looks like. Just my two cents.

Now 767 aircraft was a mistake, they should have looked at a more modern aircraft; Parts are sparse and expensive. Although I am not a major fan of airbus, i think a old a330 or a340 would have been better. they travel quicker, with more parts available around the world rather than an older Boeing aircraft.

We cant forget though, you cant just stockpile a whole 767 because you dont have the money to do so.