PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ-368 (engine & wing on fire) final report out
Old 27th Jul 2016, 01:52
parabellum
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But i question your assertion that photo & video evidence is unreliable! Really?? Is your head in the sand?

Julio747 - No, my head is not in the sand but I do think you are blustering ahead with insufficient knowledge of the facts and are making some very rash, some would say dangerous, claims and statements of your probable actions.

For instance, are you aware of the construction of the top layer of asphalt on modern runways? Are you aware that the top layer is deliberately porous to allow the draining away of surface water, through a myriad of tiny tunnels? (A technique invented and developed in The Netherlands, also Singapore University has done some work on this subject, which involves the mixing of tyre rubber with tarmac to achieve the porous effect).

The fact that you can't see a shimmering pool of fuel under the aircraft doesn't mean it isn't there, if present it would be just below the surface and just as flammable.