PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320 Flying the BUSS and avionics smoke in the simulator
Old 26th Jul 2016, 16:02
vilas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cripple
Got it. It is only for SIM std 1.8. I had seen it before but as Golden said didn't realise it's true meaning because in SIM session generally we do UAR after take off where flaps are always at Conf1 or 2. Also it immediately does not become clear that should you encounter UAR after retracting flaps or in clean configuration at altitude and switch off all ADRs it will transit to Direct law. I think Airbus should have explained it more in FCTM, especially because from FCOM as I quoted before, triple ADR doesn't transit to Direct Law but Alternate without protections. Another thing is std1.8 on ADRs do not process AoA input but IRs do that is why it asks you to put off all three ADRs while older ones without BUSS you got to keep one for stall warning. May be that has some connection and original and retrofitted systems may be behaving differently. Thanks anyway for the input it makes it so much clearer now.

Last edited by vilas; 26th Jul 2016 at 16:23.